Sketch of ground on right bank of th Buffalo River B. Kaffraria, shewing site selected for an entrenched camp to be named Fort Pato. Vide Genr. Order No 97. [Map 20]

dc.contributor.authorRobertson, Charles Duesbury.
dc.contributor.authorStace, William C.
dc.contributor.authorGreat Britain. Army. Royal Engineers
dc.date.accessioned2017-07-04T09:17:35Z
dc.date.accessioned2019-03-12T11:33:04Z
dc.date.available2017-07-04T09:17:35Z
dc.date.available2019-03-12T11:33:04Z
dc.date.issued1851-05-17
dc.description[Signed] C.D. Robertson Capt. Royl Egineers 13/5/51; William C. Stace Captain C.R.E.E.F. 17 May 1851. - Scale one inch to a mile [1;63,360]. - 1 coloured manuscript map in ink on fine wove paper; 22 x 28 cm. - Orientation magnetic and true north. - Grahamstown Royal Engineers' office stamp 1861; B.27; No. II; HK/1; T.P/12 and B.K./55 crossed out.en_ZA
dc.description.abstractMap shows Fort Pato situated between Fort Murray to the west and Forts Grey and Glamorgan along the Buffalo River to East London. The fort was named after Phato (ca. 1785-1869).en_ZA
dc.description.librarianPD2017en_ZA
dc.format.mediumMap
dc.identifier.urihttps://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12430/22918
dc.language.isoenen_ZA
dc.relation.ispartofseriesRoyal Engineers maps;20
dc.subjectFort Patoen_ZA
dc.subjectPhato, ca 1785-1869en_ZA
dc.subjectBuffalo Riveren_ZA
dc.subjectEastern Frontieren_ZA
dc.subjectEastern Cape (South Africa)en_ZA
dc.titleSketch of ground on right bank of th Buffalo River B. Kaffraria, shewing site selected for an entrenched camp to be named Fort Pato. Vide Genr. Order No 97. [Map 20]en_ZA
Files
Original bundle
Now showing 1 - 1 of 1
No Thumbnail Available
Name:
Royal Engineers maps-20-001-jpeg.pdf
Size:
1.96 MB
Format:
Adobe Portable Document Format
Description:
Fort Pato
License bundle
Now showing 1 - 1 of 1
No Thumbnail Available
Name:
license.txt
Size:
1.71 KB
Format:
Plain Text
Description: