Sketch of ground on right bank of th Buffalo River B. Kaffraria, shewing site selected for an entrenched camp to be named Fort Pato. Vide Genr. Order No 97. [Map 20]
No Thumbnail Available
Robertson, Charles Duesbury.
Stace, William C.
Great Britain. Army. Royal Engineers
Map shows Fort Pato situated between Fort Murray to the west and Forts Grey and Glamorgan along the Buffalo River to East London. The fort was named after Phato (ca. 1785-1869).
[Signed] C.D. Robertson Capt. Royl Egineers 13/5/51; William C. Stace Captain C.R.E.E.F. 17 May 1851. - Scale one inch to a mile [1;63,360]. - 1 coloured manuscript map in ink on fine wove paper; 22 x 28 cm. - Orientation magnetic and true north. - Grahamstown Royal Engineers' office stamp 1861; B.27; No. II; HK/1; T.P/12 and B.K./55 crossed out.
Fort Pato , Phato, ca 1785-1869 , Buffalo River , Eastern Frontier , Eastern Cape (South Africa)