Sketch of the mouth of the Buffalo River previous to 1st Feby. 48 [Map 17]
No Thumbnail Available
Great Britain. Army. Royal Engineers
The map shows soundings up the River for two miles and the very few buildings extant in the area. A new harbour was being established here in 1848 and named East London.
Signed by J. Walpole Capt. R.E.E.F. 12 Feby. '48. - Scale 8 inches to a mile [1:7,920]. - 1 manuscript map in ink on fine wove paper; 41 x 26 cm. - Orientation: magnetic and true north. - Lacks Royal Engineers' stamp; A. no. 10 on verso
Buffalo River , East London